2011년 1월 12일 수요일

Film Review : Dead Poet's Society


To be honest, I already wrote book reveiw of Dead Poet's Society  at the first day here for essay writing. However, as movie is somewhat different from book, I want to write review about Dead Poet's Society again!!
You might feel this movie would be boring just because of the title, but it is actually not.
At least, for me, it was one of the few movies which gave me enjoyment and good message while watching.


This movie is a 1989 movie starring Robin Williams and directed by Peter Weir. It is the story about boys is prep school and English teacher who inspires his students to change their lives.
Even though this is movie from 1989, I could feel that the situation is quite similar from that in Korea right now.
I will just quickly review the whole story,

Neil Perry, Todd Anderson, Charlie Dalton, Rchard Camron, Steven Meeks, Know Overstreet, and Gerard Pitts are senior studnets of the Welton Academy prep school. The students in Welton highschool are always under the pressure of school and parents. They were studied and lived for school and parents like machines. Then, oneday, new enligh teacher came to the academy, John Keating. He was totally different with the other teachers in the school, and also followed different moto with school's. Instead of "tradition, honour, discipline and excellence", he focused on th idea of "carpe diem". He wanted his students to enjoy everdaylife themselves by doing what they really want and making all the efforts. Teacher Kitting ripped the introduction of their useless books, he has the students stand on his desk to help them looking the world in different perspectives. Because of the Keating, the boys realized what they really want and remade a school club named "Dead Poets Society".
And during those days, the named Neil was having difficulty himself because of his parents. He really wanted be an actor, but their parents would never allowed it. Sadly, he suicided because he felt he cannot endure the pressure. The school made John Keating responsible for this and fired him.
Now, the English class is taught by Nolan, the principal. However, until last moment, the boy respected John Keating as a real teacher.



John Keating inspired the boys in Welton, and he also inspired me a lot. To be honest, it is not a exaggeration to say that I could meet turning point of my life by this book. Instead of studying like machine without any reasons because of my parents, I could study with my own reason, to achieve my own dream. As John Keating wanted his student to seize the day, I also want to
be a girl who can do what I want and who can seize the day!~!!!~!!


<SECONDARY SOURCE>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Poets_Society
I couldn't remeber some names of boy so I used this site !!

댓글 2개:

  1. This is a very good review, and I'm glad to see you put in a lot of effort and even included your sources of information! Keep up the good blogging!

    답글삭제
  2. Carpe Diem! Nice review :) I think you have a good idea of what the movie is about...

    답글삭제